Sunday, February 8, 2009

You are SO getting some *

Photobucket

*and by "some", I mean cake. You sicko.

While I was making this tonight for my mom's last night in Hawaii {sniff, sniff} I thought YOU should make this for Valentines day. It's light, fruity and so so good! You can make this in a 9x13 baking dish or two 9-inch round cake pans.

1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.

Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in small bowl 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; carefully pour over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Frost cake with whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Enjoy! Then go get "some".

3 comments:

Hope said...

Love the photo, but love the cake even more. How did the world exist before Cool Whip was invented?

Unknown said...

Yummy cake!! I like the addition of fruit. The last time I made a cake like this I was trying to surprise Brian and he unexpectedly came home so I went running to hide the jello mixture only to dump it all over our cream carpet. Oops!

As for our pictures - we have a Nikon D40 that we got when Eliza was born. Sometimes we take more time to take good pictures and some times we just snap away and get "regular" pictures. So the change in our pictures from our trip was probably due to better lighting, better subjects and more effort on our part (I mean seriously, isn't the meerkat picture totally National Geographic quality :)- we used the telephoto lens on that critter).

Brandi said...

I had this cake for my 7th, 8th and 9th birthdays. And then my mother got a recipe for Almond Joy cake. Bye bye strawberry cake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin