Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Made these today. They were so stinking good I had to pass the recipe on to you. Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I'm eating one right now. I also have flour all down the front of my pants. Hey, it's how I roll.

Photobucket

Check out the pictures. Yeah, I'm fancy.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened but still cool
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1) Adjust the oven racks to the low and middle positions and heat the oven to 350 degrees. You're going to be using two baking sheets.

2) Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. I always, always sift the flour. But you can do whatever you want.

3) Beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs (one at time)

4) Stir the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture with a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.

5) Working with a generous 2 tablespoons of dough each time, roll the dough into 2-inch balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.

6) Bake until the cookie edges turn golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies with a wide spatula to a wire rack. Let cool at least 30 minutes.

Do not over bake these cookies. The edges should be browned, but the rest of the cookie should be very light in color

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

My favorite combo in a cookie, chocolate and oatmeal. I'll give them a whirl... you would also LOVE Em's Walnut Chip Cookies!!

Hope said...

I am drooling. Pack these up and overnight them to me.

Immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin